WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. The WIC program serves pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women and infants and children under age 5 who have health or nutrition risks.
How do I qualify for WIC?
Applicants must meet four criteria to be eligible for WIC:
- Live in Oregon.
- Be a pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding woman; an infant or a child under 5 years old.
- Have a household income less than 185% of poverty guidelines. Click here to view income guidelines.
- Have a nutritional need or risk
What does WIC provide to families?
The following benefits are provided to WIC participants:
- Supplemental nutritious foods
- Nutrition education and counseling at WIC clinics.
- A Registered Dietitian is available for high risk counseling.
- Lactation education and support
- Screening and referrals to other health, welfare and social services
is our assigned caseload